Sugar, spice and everything nice. These pumpkin swirl blondies are the perfect fall treat. We’re 2 days away from my favorite season! To my pumpkin spice lovers, it’s our time to shine! These Pumpkin swirl blondies are one for the books! Chewy, soft blondies made with swirls of pumpkin spice in every bite. They are EVERYTHING you need.
If a brownie and a cookie had a baby, you’d get a blondie. Nice crispy edges + soft and chewy in the middle. The perfect combo. I wanted to create a fall twist to a this amazing dessert. With spices of cinnamon and nutmeg. and notes of maple and vanilla. making this the ultimate cozy treat. They’re pretty irresistible. I won’t judge you if you eat the whole pan. haha
I am so proud of these blondies and super happy to share these. After 3 attempts, I finally got the perfect texture and flavor. I hope you love them as much as I do.
Let’s get started
Similar to cookies, you’ll want to start this recipe with melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg. Mix until smooth. Then fold in the flour, baking powder, & fall spices. Mix until the batter is just combined. You want to make sure to not over mix your batter. This will result in tough, dry blondies.
Once the batter is done, start on the star of the show. The pumpkin swirl. Spice up some pumpkin pure with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and a drizzle of syrup. Spoon little dollops of pumpkin puree on top of the blondie batter. Use a knife or a tooth pick to create swirls throughout the batter.
NOTE- After 3 attempts, I concluded that because the blondie batter is similar to cookie dough texture wise the swirl was not swirling. It’s not going to swirl into the batter like it would a cake batter. So just keep that in mind and even though it looks crazy— trust the process. Because the final result + taste is unreal.
Pop it in the oven on 350 for 25 minutes. And let it cool for an additional 10. FYI- The blondie will continue to cook as it cools.
These were SO good. The bites of pumpkin spice paired with the soft spiced vanilla blondie base. The perfect fall treat!
If you make these pumpkin swirl blondies, I would love to hear from you!
Pumpkin Swirl Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temp
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp syrup maple or butter flavored
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 9×9 baking pan with parchment or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla bean paste and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix. Then slowly fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until the batter is just combined.
- Pour batter into a well buttered pan.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, syrup, 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix until smooth. Add small scoops of pumpkin mixture to the top of the blondie batter. Use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl effect throughout the top layer.
- Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven allow blondies to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi