If you follow me on IG, I spent the first 3 weeks of January doing the Daniel Fast. The Daniel Fast is a spiritual fast based on the book of Daniel. Where we deny the foods we love and dig deeper into the word and spending time with Jesus. It was my first time participating in this fast. Not going to lie, I was nervous. But something was stirred inside of me and I wanted to give it a try it. 10 days I gave myself. After the 10th day, I felt amazing and even more determined, I continued for the entire 21 days.
Fruits, veggies, water, no preservatives or processed food. I did make an exception to whole wheat bread.. Not only did I stick to a plant-based diet, I was able to spend some great time with God. My body felt amazing and I just couldn’t believe I went 21 days with no coffee- while raising an infant. whew, God’s strength y’all.
Anywhoo I wanted to share some of my favorite meals I created. My goal was to make my meals as fun and delicious as possible. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring. Sooo if you decide to do the Daniel fast or just looking for some healthy, plant-based meals stay tuned.
If you love coconut, curry, and noodles – this dish is for youuuu.
What you’ll need
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ginger (minced)
- 1/2 red onion
- bell peppers
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- handful of cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 1 box of brown rice noodles
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- red pepper flakes (according to how spicy you want)
- 1 tsp of curry
- salt & pepper to taste
- sugar (see note)
- lime juice
- green onions
- Bring a large pot to a boil. Once water has boiled, turn off the heat and add rice noodles to the water and cook according to the box. (about 5 minutes) then drain, you want your noodles to be somewhat firm- not too soggy.
- In a medium sized skillet, add olive oil, minced garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant, then add red curry paste. Once the red curry paste cooks in the oil 2-3 min, add coconut milk and bell pepper, and onions to the pan and cook until soften. Depending on your preference. (I like my veggies to be a little crunchy)
- Once noodles are done add them to the pan, mix thoroughly and let simmer on low heat. The noodles will soak up a lot of the liquid, so add vegetable stock depending on how much broth you would like.
- Add onion powder, curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. sugar (optional),
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, cilantro, green onions
NOTE: if you’re participating in the Daniel fast, no additional sugar. However, if you just want to try this recipe, I recommend adding 1 tbsp of brown sugar. It will add some sweetness esp. if you use organic/ unsweetened coconut milk.