Fluffy, moist banana loaf, loaded with chocolate chips in every bite.
This is a banana bread Stan account. It’s one of the first baking recipes I perfected. So this recipe is a twist to a delicious classic. This banana bread is so fluffy and moist with bites of chocolate chips and banana in every bite. Another morning treat to add to your fall morning rotation.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Bananas- overripe bananas are best.
- Butter- unsalted melted
- All Purpose Flour
- Sugar-both brown and white sugar are used in this recipe.
- 2 eggs- at room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking soda
- Milk- you can use your choice of milk. I used almond milk.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cinnamon- optional
Tips on making the BEST Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Don’t over mix the batter: Mix the batter until combined to avoid a tough loaf.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Use room temperature ingredients for better blending.
- Under bake the loaf: you don’t want to overcook the bread. This will leave it hard and crusty. Under baking, the loaf will continue to cook as it cools.
- Line your pan: for a seamless loaf, line the loaf with parchment paper with the tabs hanging out. This will allow you to pull the loaf out of the pan seamlessly.
Not a fan of chocolate chips? No problem, try my Classic Banana Nut Bread recipe.
If you try my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, please leave a comment or tag me #CookWithCi. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips use more if you prefer
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add in melted butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar, baking soda and milk and stir until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir until the batter is smooth. (do not over mix. mix the ingredients until they are just combined). Over-mixing will cause a tough loaf.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving and enjoy.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi