If you’re anything like me and not a huge fan of mayo, then this Ranch Grinder sandwich is for you!
There’s nothing like a good sandwich amirite? A good sandwich and chips really hits the spot. And this grinder sandwich does just that!
As spring is officially here and the temperature is gradually rising, it’s the perfect time to whip up some delicious sandwich recipes. This ranch grinder sandwich is definitely a treat!
I know I’m a little late to the party but I’m finally getting around to sharing the viral grinder sandwich, my way. I’m not a huge fan of mayo which is what took me so long to try this sandwich. I was going to just skip out on trying it altogether, but it looked way too good not to.
So I decided to make it my way using a ranch “grinder”. ps, I’m fully aware that there is mayo in ranch lol buttttt as long as I don’t taste the mayo then I’m good. haha
This sandwich was SO good. Delicious varieties of meat. Melty cheese. Juicy tomatoes. Crisp lettuce. Ahhhh a good sandwich really makes my day. It’s so easy to make and packs a ton of flavor.
Feel free to personalize this sandwich with your favorite toppings but don’t forget the ranch grinder. That’s the star of the show.
Since I don’t eat pork, I opted for “pork-less” deli meats instead, including oven-roasted turkey, turkey pepperoni, and pepper jack cheese. Trust me, it was just as delicious as the original.
Looking for more delicious recipes
Jerk Meatball Sliders
Honey Harissa Chicken Rice Bowl CAVA Inspired
In-N-Out Burger At Home
Ranch Grinder Sandwich
- submarine loaf
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato sliced
- pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- Parmesan Cheese
- oven roasted chicken breast
- turkey pepperoni
- honey roasted turkey breast
For the ranch
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2-4 tbsp buttermilk more if you like your ranch runny
- 1 tbsp "Restaurant-style" Ranch seasoning more if desired
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste optional
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/2 tsp dill optional
For the Grinder
- 1/3 head iceberg lettuce thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- pepperoncini peppers or banana peppers
- red wine vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder optional
- salt + pepper
For the Ranch
- In a bowl, combine equal parts mayo and sour cream. Stir in buttermilk 2 tbsp at a time until you get the consistency you like. (I recommend making the ranch on the thicker side as we will be adding other ingredients to the grinder and you don't want it to be TOO runny)
- Season with Ranch seasoning, garlic powder, garlic paste, Italian seasoning, dill, and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add thinly sliced onions, peppercinis, juice of the peppercinis, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Mix until smooth then add in lettuce. Toss the salad with tongs until well combined and set aside.
How to assemble
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the sub roll down the middle.
- Spread garlic butter on the inside of the roll. Layer cheese, and deli meats and pop in the oven for 6-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Slice tomatoes and add on top of the deli meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the tomatoes with the grinder salad and parmesan cheese if desired.
- Close the sandwich. Brush melted garlic butter on top if desired. Slice the sandwich in half. Serve with your favorite chips and a pickle and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi