If you know me, then you know how much I LOVE Thai food. Which inspired this insanely flavored ramen.
This soup is so good and packed with so much flavor with spicy red curry, creamy coconut milk,, fresh herbs like cilantro, garlic, basil and lime! The perfect meal for a rainy day! This ramen has no meat, but you can pair it with your favorite protein!
Start with fresh veggies. The red curry paired with fresh herbs; chopped cilantro, fresh basil, green onions, ginger, garlic and lime truly elevated everything and brought this recipe to life. It’s the perfect way to get rid of those herbs that are about to go bad in the bottom of your fridge..
What you’ll need
- 2-4 squares of Ramen (depending on how much you want to make)
- 1-2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chopped Green onions
- Handful of fresh Thai basil (Italian basil works fine)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 ginger cube or 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of dark soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce optional
- In a skillet, heat up oil and sauté green onions over medium heat until fragrant.
- Lower the heat and stir in red curry paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, chicken or vegetable stock, cilantro, basil, garlic, shallots and simmer on medium-low heat for about 5-6 minutes
- Add Ramen noodles to the pot and cook until the noodles are tender.
- Stir in oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and adjust to taste
- Remove from heat, then serve additional green onions, cilantro, red pepper flakes and lime
NOTE- I love hot food, so a lot of my recipes have some heat to them. Feel free to adjust to your heat liking!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi