If you know me, then you know how much I LOVE Thai food. Which inspired this insanely delicious coconut curry ramen.
My creamy coconut ramen is good and packed with so much flavor. It’s made with spicy red curry, creamy coconut, fresh herbs like cilantro, garlic, basil and lime! The perfect meal for a rainy day!
How to make this Coconut Curry Ramen
Start with fresh veggies. The red curry paired with fresh herbs; chopped cilantro, fresh basil, green onions, ginger, garlic and lime truly elevated everything and brought this recipe to life. It’s the perfect way to get rid of those herbs that are about to go bad in the bottom of your fridge..
What you’ll need
- Ramen- I like using the Ramyun
- Red Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk
- Green Onions
- Thai Basil
- Chicken Broth
- Sesame Oil
- Soy sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes
Looking for more quick meal inspo?
If you try this Coconut Curry Ramen please be sure to tag me on instagram #CookWithCi or leave a comment. I would love to see your thoughts.
- 2-4 squares of Ramen use how many you want
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1/3 cup Green onions chopped
- Handful of fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 ginger cube or 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar or palm sugar
- Red pepper flakes use to your discretion
- salt to taste
- In a skillet, heat up oil and sauté green onions over medium heat until fragrant. Lower the heat and stir in red curry paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, chicken or vegetable stock, oyster sauce, dark and light soy sauce, fish sauce lime juice and brown sugar.
- Next add in cilantro, basil, garlic, shallots and simmer on medium-low heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Taste and adjust if needed. Then add in ramen. allow the noodles to cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat, then serve additional green onions, cilantro, red pepper flakes and lime. Enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi