It’s Wing Wednesday and today’s recipe is dedicated to one of my favorite wing flavors. Mango Habanero. Crispy. Sweet and Spicy! so good and SO EASY! y’all know I love a good easy dish!
Ima keep this blog nice and short because that’s literally what this recipe is… nice and short!
What you’ll need
Chicken Wings – I know you have a party pack of wings in your fridge! Those will work perfectly for this recipe. Clean and dry wings completely to ensure they get super crispy.
Seasonings- even though the sauce has so much flavor, you will never catch me not seasoning my chicken wings haha. I still add a little bit of onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper to my wings before cooking them. To give them the ultimate flavor.
Baking Powder- baking powder is the key to making your wings nice and crispy.
Mango– I initially wanted to use Mango Habanero hot sauce buttt decided to go with fresh ingredients and make it myself. Get you a nice and juicy mango or mango nectar.
Garlic- garlic makes this sauce super flavorful.
Habanero peppers- This is the star of the show. The smokiness of the habanero paired with the sweetness of the mango make this chicken SO good! If you don’t like it too hot, be sure to remove the seeds.
Lemon juice- I highly recommend adding some sort of citrus to the sauce. The citrus helps give the sauce a nice tang.
Honey– Although the mango is pretty sweet, adding honey elevates the sauce and helps balance out the heat.
Butter unsalted- I use butter as the base of the sauce. It adds another dimension of flavor.
How to Cook it-
Y’all already know how I feel about my air fryer! I absolutely LOVE it. Some may argue it’s just a convection oven… but but its the best convection oven ever lol. plus I use less dishes when I use my air fryer. It’s one of the best kitchen appliances ever lol. Especially because dinner is done in 30 minutes.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can absolutely cook these wings in the oven. I’d adjust the temperature to 400 rather than 380.
Mango Habanero Wings
- Air Fryer
- Blender or Nutribullet
- Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp green seasoning optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Mango Habanero Sauce
- 1 mango remove the meat and seed
- 1 habanero seeds removed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Green onion for garnish
- Clean and dry chicken completely. In a bowl, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of onion powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Mix until each chicken wing is coated.
- Sprinkle in baking powder. and mix again.
- In a blender, add the meat of 1 mango, 1 habanero pepper seeds removed, 1 clove of garlic and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Blend until smooth
- Cook chicken in the air fryer on 380 degrees for 25 minutes. Flipping them half way through.
- In a small skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter and add in mango habanero puree. Add in lemon juice, 1 tbsp of honey and mix until well combined. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Once chicken is done, remove from air fryer add to a bowl and pour mango habanero sauce all over the wings. Toss. Garnish with green onion and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi