Yes! You read that right—Spinach Dip Chicken Sliders! Two of my favorite appetizers turned into a slider. I meannnn it gets no better than this. The perfect combination of creamy spinach dip with bites of shredded chicken all sandwiched between buttery Hawaiian slider.
Picture this, it’s Sunday and you’re watching your favorite team play while stuffing your face with these delicious sliders. Filled with creamy spinach dip, bites of shredded chicken, in-between 2 fluffy Hawaiian buns.
These sliders are the perfect appetizer to bring for your next hosting event! And very easy to make.
I mean who doesn’t love Hawaiian rolls? and who doesn’t love spinach dip? Please step forward. haha
I’m a huge fan of buffalo chicken sliders. So that’s what inspired these… just with spinach dip. Lol The next time I plan to add artichokes for more of a spinach and artichoke vibe. Buttt these were really good and I’m pleased with how they came out.
How to Make Spinach Dip Chicken Sliders
Feel free to add any protein you’d like. Shrimp, or crab would be REALLY good. But I chose chicken. You want to start out by marinating your protein and then cooking it until it’s done.
Meanwhile you want to prep your veggies for your spinach dip. In a bowl you want to shred your cooked chicken, add in the spinach mixture, cheeses, seasonings and mix until it’s well incorporated.
In a baking dish, add your slider buns and remove the top. Spread the spinach mixture pressing down flat. Then add Monterrey jack and mozzarella cheese. Add top buns, and top with garlic butter. Bake until rolls are nice and golden and the cheese is melted. Top with more garlic butter and enjoy.
More Recipes To Try
Thai Basil Fried Rice
Parchment Baked Fish
Airfried Mango Habenero Wings
If you try these Spinach Dip Chicken Sliders, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Spinach Dip Chicken Sliders
- hand mixer
- 2 chicken breast skinless, boneless
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pack cream cheese, soften
- 1 bag spinach chopped
- 1/2 shallot diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz bag Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp heavy cream optional
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper adjust as needed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- Pre-heat your oven to 375. In a medium bowl, season your chicken breast with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and set aside.
- While chicken is marinating, chop up spinach, garlic and shallot.
- In a hot skillet, add grapeseed oil and cook chicken on both sides until done. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter and 1 tbsp of oil. Add in spinach and allow it to wilt. Add in shallots and garlic and sauté for a few minutes. (note- there will be a lot of liquid)
- In a strainer pour cooked spinach and drain the excess liquid by pressing down with a spatula. Try and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or forks to shred chicken. Once the chicken is shredded, add in sautéed spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan and mozzarella. Mix until combined.
- Add in smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt to the spinach mixture. You can add some heavy cream here to thin out this mixture out.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and add in minced garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and parsley. Bring to a low simmer for about 5 minutes. Set aside for later.
- In an oven baking dish, place your Hawaiian rolls down add the spinach dip filling to the bottom rolls, then add more Monterey Jack cheese and mozzarella cheese. Place the top buns on top and brush top of buns with the garlic butter.
- Cook on 375 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Top with more melted butter if you'd like
- Serve warm and enjoy
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi