It’s Sunday game day and I’m pulling up with these Spicy Chili Garlic Oil Wings. Air fried wings drenched in a homemade spicy chili oil made with crispy garlic, shallots, green onions, ginger and brown sugar. All the aromatics. All of the feels. Making these wings so delicious and flavorful. They’re sweet, spicy, garlicky and so doggone good. YOU have to make these.
If you tried my chili oil noodles, you are going to LOVE these wings. And you’ll be surprised at how easy they are!
Let’s get into the recipe.
I started out by seasoning the wings lightly with onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, smoked paprika. Added some baking powder to ensure they get extra crispy. Popped them in the air fryer for 25mins, flipping them half way through until they were nice and crispy on both sides.
Then I combined minced garlic, shallots, green onion, red chili flakes, chicken bouillon, brown sugar. Poured hot oil over the ingredients and watched it sizzle up. Such a satisfying feeling.
Added a little bit of dark soy sauce and lime juice and tossed the crispy wings in the delicious sauce. Topped with more green onions and whew. so good.
Can I use the oven?
Of course! If you don’t have an air fryer you can make these wings in the oven. They’ll just take a little longer to get crispy. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook for about 30 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 10-15 until desired crispiness.
If you like air fried recipes like me, check out my other delicious Air fryer recipes.
Chili Garlic Oil Wings
- 1 Air Fryer or oven
- party wings
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- drizzle of olive oil about 1-2 tbsp
Chili Garlic Oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs scallion diced + more for garnish
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes use to your discretion on how spicy you prefer
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon optional
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 cup oil olive oil, grapeseed or avocado
- Preheat your air fryer for at least 5 minutes.
- Add cleaned chicken wings to a large bowl. Pat dry (try to remove as much moisture as possible). Drizzle olive oil. Add in onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, white pepper and baking powder. Mix until well coated. Add seasoned chicken wings to the air fryer and cook on 380 for 25 minutes flipping half way through.
- To a bowl add minced garlic, shallots and green onions, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, chicken bouillon, and ginger paste. Pour hot oil over the ingredients and stir until combined and the sugar is melted. Add in dark soy sauce and squeeze of lime juice.
- Add wings to a bowl and pour chili garlic oil over the wings. Squeeze more lime if desired, and garnish with more green onions.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi