If you love coconut shrimp, you are going to love these salmon bites. Juicy salmon coated in a crispy coconut panko. Served with a sweet chili-ginger sauce. Y’all these salmon bites are seriously so good. The hint of sweetness from the shredded coconut paired with the panko bread crumbs gives the best crunch.
I like to make this meal, bowl style. I pair it with jasmine rice and broccoli and serve it up with some delicious sweet chili sauce that I doctored up with hints of citrus and ginger. The perfect weeknight meal!
Coconut Crusted Salmon
- Salmon cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes sweetened
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup club soda
Sweet Chili sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tbsp garlic paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Clean and cut salmon into bite size chunks. In a bowl, season salmon with garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper and kosher salt.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and club soda. Mix until combined. batter should be somewhat thick. Similar to pancake consistency.
- In a shallow dish, combine panko bread crumbs and coconut flakes.
- In a pan, heat up grapeseed oil make sure your oil is not too hot. low-medium heat is good. You don't want the bread crumb mixture to burn.
- Dip salmon into the wet batter, then into the panko/coconut mixture. Press the coating in well then fry on all 4 sides until golden brown and crispy
- Remove from the oil and add to a cooling rack or parchment paper to let excess oil drain.
- In a small sauce pan, add sweet chili sauce and bring to a low simmer. Add in garlic and ginger paste. mix well then squeeze in lemon juice. Mix well allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with white jasmine rice and your favorite veggie and drizzle sweet chili sauce on top
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi