Kiwi Mojito- this refreshing cocktail is made by muddling fresh kiwi, mint, lime and sugar then layered with crushed ice, lime wheels, simple, syrup, rum and topped with fizzy club soda. This cocktail is the moment and she’s here to stay. Sweet, sour and super refreshing.
The weather’s warming up. Bring on the refreshing cocktails and mocktails. I don’t know about you but I cannot wait for summer! And this Kiwi Mojito is the perfect treat.
At this point, mojitos have become one of my favorite cocktails. They are effortless to make. You literally make the drink in one glass, muddle the ingredients and enjoy.
Mojitos are one of the easiest cocktails. Made in one glass. And the ingredients are pretty simple.
What you’ll need for this Kiwi Mojito
- White Rum– Mojitos are made with a white rum. I used Bacardi for this cocktail. Feel free to use your favorite rum.
- Kiwi– fresh & cubed.
- Lime juice– if it’s not fresh, I don’t want it. Fresh limes makes all the difference when making a cocktail/mocktail.
- Club soda- top it with something fizzy. Feel free to use a flavored water.
- Mint– you already know the drill. Make sure it’s fresh. The mint enhances the flavors of the drink. And alsoooo makes for a great garnish which
- Simple syrup– I suggest making it yourself. You can easily make a homemade simple syrup using one part granulated sugar, one part water. Bring the water to a boil and stir until the sugar fully dissolves. Put in a mason jar and allow it to cool before using.
Tips for the Best Kiwi Mojito-
- Allow your kiwis to ripen. When they are firm, they tend to be sour. If you prefer a more sour cocktail feel free to use. But if you’d like to experience the sweetness for this delicious fruit, allow the kiwis to ripen on your counter for a few days prior to making the cocktail.
- Use fresh lime. Listen, if it’s one thing I want you to get from my blog is USE FRESH LIME! I promise, it makes all the difference.
- SMACK the mint like it stole something. haha no really. Smacking the mint releases the natural oils/ flavor. Which will enhance the flavors in this mojito.
Check out my favorite bar tools I’m loving
Make it a “Nojito”
Make it a non-alcoholic mojito by opting out of the rum or by using a non alcoholic rum. One of my faves is Ritual’s Non Alcoholic Rum.
Looking for more summer cocktails? Try some of my faves
Frozen Lemon Drop
Frozen Strawberry-Mango Margarita
Guava Mocktail Refresher
Frozen Mango Pineapple Margarita
If you try this Kiwi Mojito, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
- 1 Kiwi peeled and diced
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 4-6 mint leaves
- 1/2 limes quartered
- 1/2 lime juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- club soda
- 2 lime wheels optional
- 1 lime wheel
- mint sprig
- In a Collin's glass, add cubed kiwi, mint leaves, sugar and quartered limes and muddle. Add in rum, lime juice and simple syrup and stir with a bar spoon. Next, add in crushed ice, and 2 lime wheels to the side of the glass. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with more mint and a lime wheel and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi