Nothing says “welcome fall” better than this Pumpkin French toast. It’s the perfect way to kick start your fall mornings. Fluffy brioche bread dipped in a sweet hazelnut and pumpkin egg batter with vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Cooked low and slow in a buttery pan until golden brown. Topped with powdered sugar, whipped cream and more pumpkin spice. This French toast is such a treat. It literally melts in your mouth. The perfect way to welcome the best season ever!!
I know, I know I’m a little early. But I’ve been itching to release my fall recipes. We’re staying ready so we don’t have to get ready. Just call me little Ms. Ready for Fall.
Honestly, this might have been the best French toast I’ve ever made. Last year I made pumpkin French toast with the Pumpkin Swirl French Toast bread from Trader Joes and it was really good. But this hit different. It was SO good… Butttt enough of my rambling on how good it was, we’re just going to get into the recipe. ok ok ok
Pumpkin French Toast Ingredients
- Brioche slices
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Coffee Creamer
- Olive Oil
- Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Pecans or Walnuts
You’ll want to make your French toast batter. If you’re familiar with my French toast recipes, then you know I love using coffee creamer to add a little pizzazz, and extra sweetness. So for this recipe I added in Hazelnut creamer to give it the ultimate fall flavor. Idk.. hazelnut just screams fall to me. And it complimented the pumpkin flavor really well. Gave it some depth. And you know we’re all about depth and adding flavor over here.
To make the batter even more delicious, I added vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. After all, this is Pumpkin French toast.
The key to perfect French toast is cooking it in a buttery oil. Low AND SLOW. Low temperature that is. It may take a little longer, buttt your French toast will come out perfectly golden brown every time. I promise. Nothing’s worse than burnt French toast. I meannn, unless you like it that way. lol do you!
More Fall Recipes To Enjoy!
check out some of my favorites on the blog.
- Butternut Squash, Kale & Caramelized Shallot Harvest Pizza
- Crockpot Apple Cider
- Easy Cheesy Pesto & Cherry Tomato Pizza
- White Chicken & Garlic Pizza
If you try this my Pumpkin French Toast please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Pumpkin French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup hazelnut creamer
- 1/4 cup Milk optional
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice + more for topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sliced Brioche Bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, hazelnut creamer, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Mix well until combined and batter is smooth. Dip brioche slice into the egg batter coating both sides.
- In a hot skillet or griddle over medium-low heat, melt butter and olive oil. shake the pan to mix the butter an oil together. Wait until it begins to bubble before adding bread. Cook until golden brown. 4-5 minutes each side
- Serve French toast with powdered sugar, whipped cream, syrup and more pumpkin spice.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi