Easy, Cheesy, Pesto and Cherry Tomato Pizza. Fluffy naan bread, topped with homemade kale pesto, cherry tomatoes, melty mozzarella, sweet shallots, basil and more cheese. Once the pizza is out the oven, finish with more fresh basil, a drizzle of truffle oil and red pepper flakes. This pizza is so good. And so flavorful. From the fresh herbs to the melty cheese and sweet cherry tomatoes. This pizza is a dream.
This pizza is one of my go-to weeknight meals. But this time, I decided to use my homemade kale pesto. And when I say… it took it the flavor to ANOTHER level. The flavors were crazy good. Super fresh and wow.. I don’t think I’m ever buying store bought pesto again.
For the pesto –
The star of the show! It’s a combination of chopped kale, basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes and salt. blended until smooth. The perfect recipe to have and use throughout the week for quick and easy meals. Especially for this Pesto and cherry tomato pizza.
Fresh out the oven. Melted to perfection! This pizza is cheesy. It’s rustic and really delicious. Once you have the pesto made,, top it with your favorite toppings. Bake and enjoy. Have dinner on the table in about 20 minutes.
If you make this Basil and Cherry Tomato pizza please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Easy Pesto and Cherry Tomato Pizza
- Garlic Naan bread
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kale pesto
- Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella shredded
- Cherry tomatoes
- shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- white truffle oil optional
- chili flakes
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread kale pesto oven the Naan bread. Add sliced mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, shallots. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil over pizza.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil, white truffle oil and red pepper flakes.
- Slice and enjoy.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi