Need some inspo for dinner? Don’t worry, I gotchu!! Better than take out, Mongolian beef. Crispy on the outside tender on the inside beef slathered in a sweet& spicy sauce served over a bed of rice! My Mongolian Beef recipe is the perfect weeknight or weekend meal. It’s so flavorful and can be made in about 30 minutes!
Seriously one of the best dishes I’ve made. It’s tender. Flavorful! Spicy. Garlicky! Crazy good. Save your coins… we got food at home!
Better Than Takeout– Mongolian Beef
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- green onions cut into 1 inch slices
- dried Thai Chili peppers
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
- Thinly slice beef into 1/4 inch strips. Season beef with white pepper, garlic powder, cornstarch, and a drizzle of olive oil. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While the beef marinades, slice up onion, green onions and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, sriracha, garlic and ginger paste, red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Mix well then set aside.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a wok or large pan over medium high heat. Shallow fry the beef for about 4 minutes on both sides. Remove beef from the oil and drain the excess oil, leaving about 1 tbsp.
- Sautè onions and chili peppers in rendered beef fat until the onions begin to soften. Add in green onions and minced garlic. Sautè until the garlic is fragrant. about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, return beef back into the pan. Pour in the sauce. Stir and toss until the sauce covers the beef and veggies.
- Serve warm over white rice.
** (double the the sauce measurements if you’re making more!)
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi