Elevate your classic ramen with this delicious Chili Garlic Ramen recipe. It’s super easy to make and packed with so much flavor. And I’d say it’s pretty healthy considering we’ve added bok choy to the mix. You’ll love the bold and satisfying taste of this ramen, and it will quickly become your go-to recipe.
I take my ramen very seriously! Every recipe I share goes viral and it’s only right that I share this Chili Garlic Ramen, for my fellow ramen lovers!
How To Make Chili Garlic Ramen
- In a saucepan, add water and boil the noodles according to the package instructions.
- While the noodles cook, prepare the base of the ramen by heating butter, minced garlic, and chili oil in a separate saucepan.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix and let everything bubble and thicken for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat, crack an egg into the saucepan and scramble it in the sauce until cooked.
- Pour in the cooked noodles and pasta water and mix everything until combined.
- Add dark soy sauce for color, chicken bouillon, garlic powder/onion powder and Sriracha, if desired and mix everything again.
- Remove from heat and transfer the ramen to a serving bowl.
- Top with green onions, everything but the bagel seasoning, and additional Sriracha, if desired.
If you’re feeling extra like me, boil some bok choy in with your noodles, or in a separate pan. Add the cooked bok choy to your ramen! Super hearty and delicious green that elevates your ramen.
What you’ll need
Ramen– use your favorite ramen noodles. I love Nongshim Ramyun.
Garlic- finely minced.
Brown Sugar– Adds sweetness to the sauce.
Chili oil- I love the chili garlic oil from Dynasty. If you can’t find it red chili flakes will also work.
Sesame Oil– few drops.
Pasta Water– don’t forget to reserve the water you boiled your noodles in.
Bok Choy- optional. But feel free to add some veggies to the noodles.
Soy Sauce– both regular and dark soy sauce are used in this recipe
Sriracha- use to your discretion.
Everything but the bagel seasoning– for garnish.
Green onions– used to garnish.
Limes– finishing the ramen with fresh lime juice brings out all the flavors.
Looking for more quick meal inspo?
If you try this chili garlic ramen please be sure to tag me on instagram #CookWithCi or leave a comment. I would love to see your thoughts.
Easy Chili Garlic Ramen
- Ramen Noodles
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp chili oil or chili garlic sauce use to your discretion
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-2 cups pasta water
- 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp ramen seasoning
- Bok Choy optional
- 1/2 tsp Everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 scallion sprig diced
- 1/2 lime juice
- chili oil
- In a saucepan, cook noodles according to the package.
- In another pot, melt together butter, garlic, chili garlic sauce or chili oil over medium heat. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix until it bubbles and thickens. Another 2 minutes. Pour in the noodle water from the ramen noodles and bok choy. Season with chicken bouillon, garlic powder and a little of the seasoning pack. Taste and allow the bok choy to cook about 5 minutes.
- Once the bok choy is tender, add in the cooked noodles a drizzle of dark soy sauce. Pour the noodles into a bowl. Top with green onions, everything but the bagel seasoning, sriracha, more chili oil, if desired. And enjoy!,
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi