Apple crumble. Apple crisp. Apple pie. If it has apples and crust, count me in! I loveeee a good apple dessert! And this apple crisp is one of my absolute favorites. Sweet caramelized apples, spiced to perfection with a splash of apple flavored whisky. Topped with a buttery, brown sugar oat crumble. Baked until golden and bubbly. Served warm, with vanilla ice cream. You can’t forget the vanilla ice cream! OMG so good. So comforting, easy and delicious.
This recipe is made for two since I only had a few apples on hand. However, feel free to add more apples to feed more people.
If you’re craving something sweet, I highly recommend you try this Boozy Apple Crisp. This recipe is very simple and contains majority of pantry and fridge staples.
What you’ll need
Apples- I used honey crisp.
All purpose Flour- you can also swap out the flour for whole wheat or something a little heartier.
Oats- Old fashioned oats
Lemon Juice- this helps prevent the apples from browning, while adding a nice citrus flavor.
Crown Apple Whisky
Do I have to put alcohol?
Of course not. You can skip out on the alcohol. I honestly was being extra and thought the apple flavored whisky would enhance the overall dessert and it did. But you can omit it.
Boozy Apple Crisp
- 2-3 large apples peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup Crown Apple Whisky
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash, peel and dice apples and place in a bowl. Squeeze in lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Add whisky, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Toss well until the apples are coated.
- In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon and mix the crumble together well.
- Prep a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Add in apples, and crumble the topping on top.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi
One response to “Boozy Apple Crisp for Two”
[…] your thing, feel free to use vanilla wafers or graham crackers.Looking for other sweet treats Boozy Apple CrispChurro Ice Cream SandwichPumpkin Swirl […]