Apple crumble. Apple crisp. Apple pie. If it has apples and crust, count me in! I loveeee a good apple dessert! And this Boozy Apple crisp is one of my absolute favorites. Sweet caramelized apples, spiced to perfection with a splash of apple flavored whisky. Topped with a buttery, brown sugar oat crumble. Baked until golden and bubbly. Served warm, with vanilla ice cream. You can’t forget the vanilla ice cream! OMG so good. So comforting, easy and delicious.
This recipe is made for two since I only had a few apples on hand. However, feel free to add more apples to feed more people.
If you’re craving something sweet, I highly recommend you try this Boozy Apple Crisp. This recipe is very simple and contains majority of pantry and fridge staples.
What you’ll need to Make This Boozy Apple Crisp
- Apples– I used honey crisp.
- All purpose Flour– you can also swap out the flour for whole wheat or something a little heartier.
- Oats– Old fashioned oats
- Brown Sugar
- Butter– unsalted
- Vanilla– extract or vanilla bean paste
- Lemon Juice– this helps prevent the apples from browning, while adding a nice touch of citrus.
- Apple Whisky– I used Crown Apple.
Do I have to put alcohol?
Of course not. You can skip out on the alcohol. I honestly was being extra and thought the apple flavored whisky would enhance the overall dessert and it did. But you can omit it.
More desserts to try
If you try these Boozy Apple Crisp please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Boozy Apple Crisp
- 2-3 large apples peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup Crown Apple Whisky
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, peel and dice apples and place in a bowl. Squeeze in lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Add in, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and apple flavored Whisky. Toss well until the apples are coated.
- In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix the crumble together well until you have pea like consistency
- Prep a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Add in apples, and crumble the topping on top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the apples are bubbly.
- Once baked, remove from the oven, allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi