Simple and delicious Spicy Harissa Pasta. The perfect combination of flavor and spice! Delicate capellini pasta tossed in a bold and garlicky tomato-based sauce, with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. It’s simple yet satisfying. Don’t be fooled by its ease – this dish is bursting with flavor that will leave you craving more.
The harissa paste adds the perfect amount of heat, while the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes lend a fresh and slightly sweet flavor that complements the dish beautifully.
If you’re a fan of harissa and pasta, then you’re going to LOVE this pasta. It’s packed with so much flavor and super easy to make. Literally the perfect weeknight dinner.
Originally this pasta was a “raid my fridge” type of pasta. I literally threw it together on the fly with ingredients I had. And it turned out AMAZING. So I had to share. Feel free to add your favorite veggies and protein to add your own twist to it.
I meannnn, who doesn’t love a quick and easy pasta recipe. It comes together very easily. With most ingredients being kitchen and pantry staples. So, you can easily whip up this satisfying and tasty weeknight meal without breaking a sweat.
What you’ll need
Pasta- I used Capellini/ Angel Hair pasta for this recipe. But feel free to use your favorite noodle
Harissa paste- packs the perfect punch of heat
Garlic- the more the better
Shallots- minced finely. Adds such a delicious flavor to this pasta
Pasta water- always remember to reserve a little pasta water for the sauce when making pasta
Parmesan cheese- finely grated
Sun-dried tomatoes– sun-dried tomatoes with Italian seasonings and herbs
Seasonings– I used a variety of seasonings to flavor it up
Lemon Juice– I love to finish my pastas with a little acid. It adds a brightness to the pasta
Olive Oil- Extra Virgin
Seasonings- I used a variety of seasonings to help elevate the dish. One being Trader Joe’s Italian Style Soffritto. It’s a combination of crispy onions, sun-dried tomatoes, sea salt, garlic, red peppers, parsley, rosemary, and sage.
How to make it
Spicy Harissa. This pasta starts with cooking the capellini according to the package. While that cooks, whip up the delicious harissa sauce. In a skillet, sautè garlic, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes and harissa paste until fragrant. This combo adds such a delicious brightness and depth to the dish.
After sautéing for a few minutes, sprinkle in the seasoning blend and toast for a few minutes to release the natural flavors. Stir in heavy cream and mix until combined. Add in spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Toss the pasta in the sauce, top with grated parmesan and red pepper flakes and that’s it! Simple, yet super flavorful Spicy Harissa Pasta.
Looking for more easy, and delicious weeknight meals?
Chicken Rasta Pasta
Easy Cheese Pesto, Cherry, Tomato, Pizza
Easy Mushroom Tacos
Spicy Harissa Pasta
- 1/2 box Capellini pasta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 2 tsp harissa paste use to your discretion
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried with Italian Herbs Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2-4 tbsp pasta water
- 2 pinches Trader Joe's Italian Soffrito seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika optional
- red pepper flakes use to your discretion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Add olive oil and butter to a skillet over medium heat. Sautè shallots and garlic until fragrant. Then add in sun-dried tomatoes and harissa paste. Sautè for a few minutes then add in Trader Joe's Italian style Soffritto, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and salt + pepper to taste. Toast the seasonings in the harissa sauce for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and pasta water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, then add in spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Toss the cooked capellini in the sauce. Remove from heat and top with grated parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve immediately in a bowl or on a plate with dinner rolls or garlic bread. Enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi