At this point, mojitos have become one of my favorite cocktails. They are effortless to make. You literally make the drink in one glass, muddle the ingredients and enjoy.
This cocktail was created by muddling fresh blueberries, mint and lime juice. and combining Rum and simple syrup. Topped off with premium ginger beer. From my friends over at Fevertree. I know it’s not traditional, but I’m not a huge fan of club soda or soda water. This gives the cocktail some gingery pizzazz lol. If you prefer, you can totally use club soda.
Cocktail or Mocktail, you choose. You can opt out of the rum and it’ll be just as delicious.
Looking for other Mojito recipes?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this cocktail;
- White Rum– Mojitos are made with a white rum. I used Bacardi for this cocktail. Feel free to use your favorite rum
- Fresh blueberries– I used fresh blueberries but you can also make a blueberry compote, or blueberry simple syrup for this cocktail.
- Fresh lime juice– you know the drill. If it’s not fresh, I don’t want it. Fresh limes makes all the difference when making a cocktail or mocktail.
- Premium Ginger Beer– Something about a flavored fizz makes a mojito even better. I prefer something with a little more flavor than soda water/club soda. The flavor of the ginger beer paired with the mint leaves makes this drink super refreshing and gives it a nice tangggg to compliment the blueberries.
- Mint leaves– you already know the drill. Make sure it’s fresh. The fresh mint enhances the flavors of the drink. And alsoooo makes for a great garnish which = BOMB photos.
- Simple syrup– I’m not a huge fan of the store bought simple syrups. You can easily make a homemade simple syrup using one part granulated sugar, one part water. Bring the water to a boil and stir until the sugar fully dissolves. Put in a mason jar and allow it to cool before using. you can also elevate this cocktail by making a homemade blueberry simple syrup.
If you make this Blueberry Mojito be sure to leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Blueberry Ginger Mojito
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 2 lime wheels
- 1/3 cup crushed ice
- 1.5 oz White rum adjust according to how strong you want it
- .5 oz simple syrup
- Fevertree ginger beer
- Lime Wheel
- Mint leaves
- In a tall glass add blueberries, lime juice and mint leaves and muddle.
- Add in ice, and 2 lime wheels. Then add in rum, simple syrup and stir with a bar spoon. Top with Ginger Beer.
- Garnish with lime wheel and mint leaves
- xoxo, Cheers
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi