Oh Happy Day! In honor of National Watermelon Day, we are making this delicious Watermelon Mojito. Juicy watermelon, white rum, fresh mint, and lemon-lime soda!
I know, I know Mojitos are typically made with Club Soda, but club soda is too blehhhh for me. So I decided to pair this mojito with some Sprite for some extra’ razzle dazzle
If you’re new here, welcome. I’ve learned fresh ingredients make the best drinks. Fresh fruit. Fresh mint. Fresh simple syrup. yup, even my simple syrup.
You can easily make a homemade simple syrup using one part granulated sugar, one part water. Bring the water to a boil and stir until the sugar fully dissolves. Put in a mason jar and allow it to cool before using.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this cocktail;
- White Rum– Mojitos are made with a white rum. I used Bacardi for this cocktail. Feel free to use your favorite rum
- Fresh watermelons– You can also use watermelon juice if you don’t have fresh watermelon.
- Fresh lime juice– If you’re new here, let me just say if it’s not fresh, I don’t want it. Fresh limes makes all the difference when making a cocktail/mocktail.
- Sprite– Something about a flavored fizz makes a mojito even better. I prefer something with a little more flavor than soda water/club soda.
- Mint leaves– you already know the drill. Make sure it’s fresh. The fresh mint enhances the flavors of the drink. And alsoooo makes for a great garnish which = BOMB photos.
- Simple syrup– I recommend making this yourself. I’m not a huge fan of the store bought simple syrups. You can easily make a homemade simple syrup using one part granulated sugar, one part water. Bring the water to a boil and stir until the sugar fully dissolves. Put in a mason jar and allow it to cool before using.
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- 4-5 mint Leaves
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1.5 oz white rum
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- top with Sprite
- lime wheel
- mint leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, add in the watermelon fresh mint, lime juice and muddle the watermelon until it becomes a smooth consistency
- Add in simple syrup, rum, and crushed ice and top with Sprite (if you don't want the watermelon seeds in your drink, you can strain into another cup)
- Garnish with lime wheel and fresh mint leaves
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi