White chicken and garlic pizza. Made with my chewy, soft pizza dough, creamy garlic sauce, juicy chicken, bubbly cheese and a ton of fresh garden veggies. Baked until golden perfection. This pizza is so good and flavorful.
This pizza is inspired by one of my favorite Pizza’s spots, Round Table Pizza! My Bay Arean’s know! I hadn’t had it in years, and since I live in Texas, I had to make it at home. But also who has $30 to buy this pizza… uh uh we got #foodathome. Let’s make it!
This recipe is pretty easy. A few extra steps but the end result is VERY worth it! It even reheats very well. So highly, highly recommend.
here’s what you’ll need to make my White Chicken and Garlic Pizza:
Grilled Chicken– I used chicken thighs. But feel free to use any type of chicken.
Minced Garlic– the more garlic the better!
Mozzarella– Fresh is best!
Colby Jack Cheese– I recommend shredding your own cheese. It melts better.
Mushrooms– I used baby Bella. Gives a great meaty texture.
Tomatoes- Sweet cherry or grape tomatoes adds a brightness to this pizza.
Red & Green Onions- Adds a nice punchy flavor.
Italian Seasoning- adds a great flavor
White Garlic Sauce- Combination of heavy cream, flour, butter and garlic. Feel free to also add some parmesan.
Pizza dough- store bought dough or flatbread will work.
How to make this White Chicken and Garlic Pizza
Start by making the chicken. I seasoned it with basic pantry seasonings and a little ranch seasoning for some razzle-dazzle. Let it marinate for a few minutes before searing on medium high heat until the chicken is cooked.
Starting on fresh dough ( I’ve linked my homemade pizza dough recipe)- feel free to use store-bought dough or even flat bread for this pizza.
The sauce is very easy to make. Just melt some butter and garlic in a small pot. Add a sprinkle of flour. Once the flour thickens, add in heavy cream or milk. Mix until smooth and there are no more lumps. Add parmesan, garlic and herb seasoning and a pinch of salt. The sauce should be thick and creamy.
Next, roll the dough into the size, shape and thickness you prefer. I like to brush my pizza dough with a capful of olive oil. Then spread the creamy white sauce over the dough. Add the chopped chicken, mushrooms mozzarella, Colby jack cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onions and green onions. Top with Italian seasoning and another drizzle of olive oil. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is golden.
Pizza Recipes To Try
If you make this White Chicken and Garlic Pizza, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
White Chicken & Garlic Pizza
- Pizza stone or cast iron skillet optional
- Baking sheet optional
- pizza dough
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Tony's seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Ranch seasoning optional
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 cloves minced garlic or garlic paste
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- Position oven rack to 1/3 of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees (if using fresh pizza dough) If using flatbread OR naan bread, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add cleaned chicken thighs and season with onion powder, garlic powder, Tony's creole seasoning, Ranch seasoning, smoked paprika, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and sear chicken until cooked through. Remove from the pan and chop into pieces.
For the sauce
- In a saucepan, over medium heat add butter. Once the butter begins to bubble add in the garlic and sautè until fragrant. Whisk in flour for a few minutes then add in the heavy cream or milk. Mix until the sauce begins to thicken and is smooth. Season with garlic and herb seasoning and salt to taste. Add in grated parmesan if desired.
To assemble the pizza
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly greased cast iron skillet or baking sheet. Layer with the creamy garlic sauce, chopped chicken, globs of fresh mozzarella, Colby jack, mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions and red onions. And the remaining cheeses. Top with Italian seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add pizza into preheated oven and bake for 11-13 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with red pepper flakes if desired and serve with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi