Ice cream at home? Yes indeed. This No-churn strawberries and cream ice cream is so delicious. Creamy vanilla ice cream, packed with bites of strawberry jelly compote and golden Oreos.
I love a good dessert. Especially ice cream. Lately I’ve been trying different ice cream concoctions; Cold stone/ Marble Slab style.
Since it’s the month of love, I figured a strawberries and cream dessert was more than appropriate. Picture this. Delicious sweet strawberry jam, swirled into creamy vanilla ice cream with bites of crushed golden Oreos. Y’all this is so decadent. So delicious, and has become one of my favorite ice cream flavors. I mean, look at the pictures! She’s a beauty!
Last summer I discovered the No-churn method for making ice cream. Yep, no churn. Meaning no expensive machine is needed to make this ice cream. Just a hand or stand mixer and your ingredients of course. That’s it.
How to make it
As with any no-churn ice cream, all you need is heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla or whatever flavored ingredient you want. For example, if you want peanut butter flavored ice cream, you’d add peanut butter. If you wanted chocolate ice cream you’d add cocoa powder. Super easy right?
The key is to whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk. Then flavor it up with whatever you’d like. Freeze it for at least 12 hours or overnight before serving. And voila, the easiest no-churn ice cream.
What you’ll need
Heavy whipping cream- highly recommend heavy creamy. It ,makes the perfect creamy ice cream.
Sweetened condensed milk- I like using Eagle brand.
Vanilla- I suggest using a good quality vanilla.
Strawberry Jelly- feel free to use store bought jelly if you have. I ran out and decided to make mine from scratch.
Sugar- this will be used to sweeten the strawberries.
Cornstarch slurry- combination of cornstarch and water. This helps thicken the strawberries into a thick sauce.
Golden Oreos- If golden Oreos aren’t your thing, feel free to use vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
Looking for other sweet treats
Boozy Apple Crisp
Churro Ice Cream Sandwich
Pumpkin Swirl Blondies
No-Churn Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream
- Hand or standing mixer
- Loaf Pan
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- strawberry jelly compote
- 1 cup golden oreos crushed
Strawberry Jelly Compote
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water use more as needed
- 1/2 lemon juice
- cornstarch slurry optional (1 tsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp water)
For Strawberry Compote
- Clean, remove stems and dice strawberries. Add strawberries, water, lemon juice and sugar to a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil. Once boiling, mash down the strawberries and continue to cook, stirring often. About 10-15 minutes. Continue to cook if the mixture is still runny. (if you want to speed up the process add in cornstarch slurry to help thicken the jam)The mixture should be thick and coats the back of the spoon. Store in a mason jar. Place in a bowl of ice cold water or refrigerate until ready to use.
For ice cream
- Line a 9×5 pan with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer, whip heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form (about 3 minutes)
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until well combined. Fold in crushed golden Oreos.
- Add 1/2 of the whipped cream mixture into a prepped freezer safe pan. Add a few spoonfuls of strawberry jelly. Use a knife and drag it throughout the pan creating swirls. Add the remaining heavy cream mixture on top. And repeat with a few more spoonfuls of jelly. Swirl again and top with remaining golden oreos.
- Cover with plastic wrap and foil. Allow to freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Serve in a bowl or in a waffle cone and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi