Fluffy, buttery French toast with a strawberry-cream filling! This recipe elevates brunch to a whole new level!
Type of Bread –You can use any type of bread you want, but I highly recommend something thick and fluffy. (i.e Brioche, Texas toast or Challah bread.)
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- Texas Toast
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 block of softened cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- handful of fresh strawberries
- 1tbsp of vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- In a mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add frozen strawberries to food processor and slice/ or chop option.
- Dice fresh strawberries and add both fresh and frozen strawberries to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until throughly combined. Cover and put into refrigerator.
- In a medium size pan, griddle or cast iron melt butter and olive oil on low heat.
- In a flat baking dish, whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar mix, and cinnamon until combined. (Add more milk if needed)
- Add cream cheese filling to one side of the bread. Add another slice of bread to make a sandwhich
- Place bread into the egg batter and coat both sides
- Place bread into pan and let it cook low & slow until golden brown. about 5-10 min on both sides depending on how high your heat is. When the French toast is done place in a 200 degree F oven until they’re all ready.
- Top French toast with powdered sugar, fresh sliced strawberries, and syrup. Enjoy!
Note– Cooking your French toast low & slow is the way to go!
Check out Cyril creating this delicious recipe here! Coming Soon!