Burritos are always a good idea!
It’s no secret that breakfast is one of my favorites. We don’t play about our breakfast/brunch in this house. Growing up my dad would make the most incredible breakfast burritos. Seriously, I had friends requesting me to bring them to school. They were THAT good! The other day I was craving a breakfast burrito and decided to make them for my family.
This recipe is honestly not even a recipe, but a guide. I only say that because you can literally stuff this burrito with whatever you want, wrap it up in a warm tortilla and enjoy. So please feel free to use this as breakfast inspo.
What I used
Your choice of protein- I used turkey sausage. Feel free to use whatever breakfast meat you’d like.
Shredded cheese– Colby jack.
Large tortilla– because I filled this with a lot of toppings. I suggest using extra large tortillas.
Hashbrowns- I popped some tater tots in the air fryer.
Pico de Gallo– prepared an easy and delicious pico before starting on the sausage and eggs.
All these delicious ingredients wrapped in a warm tortilla. Served with my homemade salsa verde sour cream. Hate to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT! This is it! Something the whole family will love! And the great thing about breakfast burritos is that they are totally customizable.
Eating the same thing can get old, especially with little ones. Sometimes you need a little inspo to switch things up. And what better way than stuffing all your favorite breakfast AND burrito ingredients into a warm tortilla. It’s quick and easy and something the whole family will love.
Need more breakfast Inspo? Check out some of my faves
Stuffed French Toast
Banana Nut Bread
Pumpkin French Toast
If you try this out, I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and/or tag me on Instagram.
- ground turkey sausage
- shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2-4 eggs scrambled
- tater tots
- seasoned salt + pepper
- onion powder
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
Pico De Gallo
- 1-2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp Chili lime seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- onion powder
Salsa Verde Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp salsa verde
- Dice roma tomatoes, cilantro and red onions and add to a bowl. Add the juice of one lime, salt, pepper, onion powder and Chile lime seasoning. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Refrigerate until later.
- Combine sour cream and salsa verde in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pop hash browns/ tater tots in the air fryer for about 10 minutes on 375.
- In a large skillet, add oil and cook meat of choice over medium heat until browned. Remove meat from the pan and add butter. When the butter begins to bubble add in beaten eggs, seasoned salt, pepper and onion powder. Scramble until cooked through. Add in shredded cheese, if desired.
- On a large griddle or pan over low heat, add the tortilla and begin layering scrambled eggs, tater tots, turkey sausage, shredded cheese, pico de Gallo. Tightly roll the tortilla, then roll the burrito in foil to keep it warm and packed tight.
- Serve with salsa verde sour cream and hot sauce!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi