Stuffed French Toast. Soft and fluffy brioche rolls, stuffed with the most delicious strawberries and cream filling. Dipped in a rich cinnamon egg batter, cooked until golden and crisp. Topped with powdered sugar, fresh strawberries and syrup. This is what breakfast dreams are made of!
You can have basic French toast ORRR you can have this delicious upgrade. When you try this, I promise you won’t be disappointed. Each bite is filled with sweet strawberries and cream filling. This is an upgrade to the classic we know and love.
What better time than the holidays to enjoy a sweet and delicious brunch. Elevate your holidays with this stuffed French toast. It’ll be a hit to everyone you share it with.
This is a french toast stan account! It’s my absolute favorite. Yes, more than waffles and more than pancakes. If I’m out to brunch and brioche French toast is on the menu, 9/10 I’m ordering it. It’s SO good and hard to mess up in my opinion.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe my boyfriend and I made earlier this year for Valentine’s Day. We did french toast roll ups using brioche bread, flattened it out, filled it with the strawberries & cream filling and then rolled them up. They were a hit.
So when St.Pierre reached out to send me their brioche slider buns I was like ooooh yess! Let’s stuff them!
These are SO good. Buttery with a slight crisp on the outside. Soft and creamy on the inside. Such a treat. And don’t get me started on the filling. It’s cream cheese based, with fresh strawberries and strawberry jam to add a little razzle dazzle to each bite.
St. Pierre Brioche Rolls
I loved using these rolls because they’re thick and sturdy but still soft with a hint of sweetness. Not too soft, to where they’re falling apart. They are just right. And even with removing the center, there’s still a lot of bread left. The sweetness of the custard and the softness of rolls are the perfect match. They can be found at Kroger.
How to serve
Serve them up with powdered sugar, fresh strawberries and syrup. Oh, and whipped cream. Can’t forget the whipped cream.
If you try this Stuffed French Toast, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Strawberries & Cream Stuffed French Toast
- griddle or large pan
- Piping bag or ziplock
- St. Pierre Brioche Slider Rolls
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coffee creamer or milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 pack cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup milk start with a few tbsp first and add as needed
- fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk/creamer, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until combined. In another bowl, combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix until it's well combined. Then add strawberry jam and fresh strawberries. Mix well, then add the cream cheese filling into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Take the brioche rolls apart and on the flat side, scoop out the middle. Set aside the scooped bread for later.
- Pipe the cream cheese filling into the rolls. Then add the "scooped" bread back to plug the opening.
- Add butter to a griddle or pan over medium heat and cook French toast rolls stuffed side down, first. Then repeat until golden brown on all sides. About 3-4 minutes each. Repeat until all the sides are golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar, fresh strawberries and your favorite syrup.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi