There’s nothing like a delicious summer salad, jam-packed with all the things. My Jerk Shrimp Salad was SO good. When I think of recipes, I like to let the seasons inspire me. That’s how I came up with this delicious summer salad. Wishing I could be a Caribbean island, but until then– I’ll bring the tropical vibes to my kitchen. It’s colorful and SO delicious. It’s perfect for lunch, or dinner! I paired this salad with a homemade vinaigrette, that made this salad light and super flavorful. It’s spicy, with a hint of sweetness. It’s sure to wow your family or guests.
If you’re a lover of salad, then you are going to love this one!This salad includes Jerk shrimp, but feel free to pair it with your protein of choice. Salmon, Chicken, steak would be awesome!
What you’ll need
Feel free to use ingredients you have in your kitchen to make the ultimate salad.
FOR JERK SHRIMP
- 1 tbsp of Jerk Marinade
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp of green seasoning *optional*
- Romaine Lettuce
- Plantain Croutons
- Red Onion
- Parmesan Cheese
FOR MANGO SALSA
- 1-2 mangos
- 2 limes
- jalapeño (diced)
- 1/4 red onion (chopped)
- Handful of cilantro
- Chile Lime seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of epís, green seasoning *optional*
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and rinse shrimp and pat dry. Then add 1 Tbsp of Jerk Marinade, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, green seasoning and let shrimp marinate for at least 30 min.
- While shrimp is marinating, prepare your mango salsa by chopping mango, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño and add into a bowl. Add in Chile lime seasoning, salt, pepper and lime juice. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- For dressing, in a bowl or sealable jar, add in olive oil, Epís, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Seal the jar and shake well until combined. Refrigerate until read to use.
- After at least 30 minutes, in a hot skillet add in your favorite cooking oil and sear shrimp on both sides until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To assemble the salad. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, shrimp, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, and plantain croutons. Toss well with the dressing. Enjoy!
Epís– is a Haitian seasoning base with a variety of fresh herbs; parsley, cilantro, scotch bonnet, green pepper, garlic, blended to perfection. Used to marinate mea. I had just made some and thought to add it to my dressing to give it some extra flavor.
NOTE – If you don’t have epís, feel free to just add some fresh herbs like cilantro, and parsley and garlic paste to the dressing.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi