This Summer Frosè is the perfect cocktail to celebrate the long holiday weekend and the start of summer. It’s sweet, tangy and refreshing. Make sure to check out my recipe notes for the instructions as well as a mocktail version.
Nothing screams summer quite like a delicious frosè. With just a few ingredients, you can easily whip up this icy concoction that will keep you cool and satisfied during those sun-drenched days. Get ready to savor the delightful flavors and embrace the ultimate summer vibe with every sip of this frozen wine cocktail.
Frosè will always remind me of summer brunches & NYC happy hours. I had my first frosè when I lived in NYC and instantly fell in love. The brunch turned into an after party and then another party. So many fun memories. Naturally, as summer returns each year, I have to create one of my all-time favorite frozen cocktails, savoring its tasty blend of flavors and the refreshing vibe it brings.
Not only is it refreshing and tastes great. It’s super easy to make.
Ingredients for Summer Frosè
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious frozen cocktail
- Rose- your choice of rosè.
- Strawberries- frozen or fresh. If using fresh, add more ice or freeze some of the rosè the night before.
- Sugar- used to sweetened up the cocktail. You can also use agave.
Frosè- also known as a frozen rosé cocktail, has gained popularity in recent years, especially during the summer season. Its refreshing and fruity nature makes it the perfect cocktail for summer.
Frosè is typically made by blending rosé wine with frozen fruit, such as strawberries, watermelon or peaches, and adding a touch of sweetness with simple syrup or sugar. The mixture is blended until it reaches a slushy consistency. The result is a fruity icy concoction with a delightful wine flavor.
How to make this Summer Frosè?
Simply add frozen strawberries, ice, sugar and rosè into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a chilled glasses and garnish with fresh mint, and enjoy the most refreshing, slushy wine cocktail.
Tips to make the BEST Frose-
- Use simple syrup or agave instead of granulated sugar to sweeten up the cocktail.
- If you have some extra time, freeze part of the rosè into ice cubes. The wine doesn’t fully freeze, but it gives a great slushy texture. Add frozen or fresh strawberries, sugar, and the remaining rosè to help blend the cocktail.
- Make it boozy! If you’re feeling adventurous, add a few shots of your favorite alcohol to make it boozy.
Tips to make the BEST Frose-
Put your own spin on this Summer frosè by adding other fruits to the mix. Some fruits that would make be fun twist:
- mixed berries
Garnish & Serving
When it comes to serving cocktails to my friends and family, I take pride in providing them with an unforgettable experience. I love to bust out my good glassware, and a nice garnish. Seriously, I take my garnishes very seriously haha. As simple as a garnish may be, they’re not just decorative elements; they can elevate the taste and aroma of the drink.
I served this summer frosè in/with:
- chilled coupe glass
- fresh mint leaves
Make it a mocktail –
Make this Summer Frosè into a mocktail by using a non-alcoholic rosè. Frewines carries one.
Looking for more summer drinks
If you make this Summer Frosè, please be sure to leave a comment, and/or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts. Cheers!
- coupe glasses
- 1 bottle Rosè
- 1- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sugar or simple syrup
- fresh mint
- Place coupe glasses into the freezer before preparing.
- Add frozen strawberries, ice, sugar and rosè to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. If the consistency is too thick add more rosè. If it's too thin, add more frozen strawberries or ice.
- Evenly pour frosè into coupe glasses. Garnish with fresh mint. Cheers!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi