Frozen Christmas Cosmo. A fun twist on a classic. Made with frozen cranberry and pomegranate juice ice cubes, vodka, Cointreau and fresh citrus. Blended until it’s nice and smooth.
I know, I know what you’re thinking… a frozen drink in the winter? Listen… I LOVE a frozen cocktail and will have them anytime of year. And I think this is such a fun take on the classic cosmo. Made with seasonal fruit juices and citrus AND blended until it’s nice and smooth. Even though it may be cold outside, crank the heat up and enjoy the refreshing vibes- sipping on this frozen Christmas cosmo.
Frozen cocktails are so fun. And the best way to keep your cocktail from not getting watery is to freeze the juice you’re using first. This will give it almost like a sorbet texture without getting super watery.
Frozen Christmas Cosmo Ingredients
A classic cosmo is made with Vodka, lime juice and cointreau. For this winter cosmo this is what you’ll need
- Vodka- I used Tito’s but feel free to use your favorite Vodka brand. And if you’re not a fan of vodka, switch it up with your favorite alcohol.
- Cranberry AND Pomegranate juice– these two flavors are seasonal and perfect for this winter cocktail. Sweet. tangy. tart.
- Lime juice– If it’s not fresh I don’t want it.
- Cointreau– adds the perfect amount of citrus and compliments the cranberry and pomegranate juice.
- Garnish- fresh cranberries + Rosemary- gives the perfect Christmas vibe with these colors.
Tips & Alternatives-
- Garnish with fresh thyme
- Make fruit juice ice cubes
- Serve it on the rocks
- Rim your glass with sugar
- Make it a mocktail by opting out the Vodka.
- Feel free to use your choice of alcohol. Tequila, or rum will work great.
More delicious cocktails
If you make this Frozen Christmas Cosmo, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Frozen Christmas Cosmopolitan
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice frozen into cubes
- 2 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 2 oz Vodka
- .5 oz orange liqueur
- .5 oz lime juice or lemon juice
- ice optional
- Add cranberry ice cubes, pomegranate juice, vodka, orange liqueur and lime juice to a blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish with rosemary and cranberries.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi