These breakfast tacos will quickly become your favorite. I love everything about them! The best of both worlds. Breakfast… and tacos. Come on! Packed with delicious breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, pico, avocado, and crumbly Queso fresco. I topped mine with some hot sauce and guacamole salsa. This was seriously the best breakfasts I’ve had in a long time.
The flavors compliment each other so well. It’s savory with a touch of sweetness. So so good.
The perfect breakfast recipe when you want to switch things up.
As you know I love breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day so they say. I find that eating the same breakfast every morning gets very boring. And I know from experience that once I’m tired of something it makes it hard to put effort into making something new. I love finding new ways to keep breakfast fun and something to look forward.
How to make
These breakfast tacos are super easy to make. I start off by browning breakfast turkey sausage. Once they browned I cracked in 3 eggs and scrambled them together until cooked. Seasoned them with Kinder’s garlic and herb seasoning and Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning. In another pan I warmed some tortillas in oil until they were golden brown. Now to assemble- take the golden tortillas and layer with the egg and sausage mixture, pico de Gallo, avocado and crumbled Queso fresco on top. I topped it with hot sauce and guacamole salsa. And it was so easy and delicious!
Ultimate Breakfast Tacos
- 3-4 eggs
- ground turkey sausage
- 1/4 tsp garlic & herb seasoning + more if preferred
- 1/4 tsp Trader Joe's Chili Lime seasoning optional
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp olive oil more for frying tortillas if needed
- corn or flour tortillas warmed
pico de Gallo
- 1-2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro diced
- 1 lime juice
- salt + pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili lime seasoning + more if needed
- queso fresco
- guacamole salsa
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey sausage until browned. Crack in eggs and scramble with the turkey sausage until the eggs are cooked. Season with garlic and herb seasoning and chili lime seasoning.
- To make the salsa, combine roma tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili lime seasoning. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- To a small pan or grill warm both sides of tortillas over medium low heat. Add a small amount of oil if you like them crispy.
- Assemble tacos by layering the eggs & sausage mix, avocado, pico de Gallo, Queso fresco, and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi