Breakfast fried rice. Taking two of my favorite things and making it into the most easy and delicious breakfast. This Breakfast Fried Rice combines the best of both worlds, bringing you a mouthwatering medley of breakfast favorites tossed into perfectly seasoned fried rice.
I had some left over rice and fried rice from this restaurant and decided to repurpose it and make breakfast fried rice. I haven’t had this in years and can’t believe I forgotten about it.
My dad used to make the best breakfast fried rice for me and my siblings and honestly can’t believe I forgot about how good and easy it is to make.
We had a few friends over this week and I decided to throw this together with some of our left overs. It seriously was the easiest and quickest breakfast ever. Oh and did I mention flavorful!
Breakfast Fried Rice Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make the best Breakfast Fried Rice
Day old rice- I prefer using Jasmine rice
Protein– I used smoked sausage, but feel free to use whatever breakfast meat you’d like
Eggs– 2-3 eggs scrambled
Carrots- frozen or fresh will work
Onion-sliced yellow or sweet onion
Seasoning– I used Tony’s and black pepper
Light Soy Sauce-
Sesame Oil– this gives it that fried rice flavor we know and love
Green onions– perfect garnish!
How To Make Breakfast Fried Rice
The recipe starts out by cooking the sausage over medium heat until it’s browned. Just a reminder, that with any of my recipes, please feel free to use and add ingredients YOU like. If you want to use a different kind of meat, feel free to do so. There’s no right or wrong way to do it.
Step 2: Once the sausage is browned, I remove it from the pan, then scrambled and cooked a few eggs. Remove that from the pan, add some olive oil and sesame oil and sauté onions, and garlic until fragrant. Then add in shredded carrots.
Step 3: Next I added in day old jasmine rice. Seasoned it with light soy sauce, tossed in my left over fried rice (this is not necessary, I just had it on hand). Cook the rice until warm then added the scrambled eggs and sausage back to the pan.
Step 4: Season it with Tony’s creole seasoning and black pepper. Top with green onions. And boom a quick and easy breakfast!
More Breakfast Recipes To Try
If you try this Breakfast Fried Rice, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Breakfast Fried Rice
- 2 cups left over rice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots shredded
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- light soy sauce
- smoked turkey sausage
- onion powder optional
- garlic powder optional
- black pepper optional
- chicken bouillon optional
- garlic butter optional
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat and add in smoked sausage and cook until brown. Remove from the pan and scramble eggs. Remove the eggs from the pan. Add some olive oil and saute onions until fragrant. About 2-3 minutes before adding in minced garlic and shredded carrots. Sauté until the veggies begin to soften.
- Then add in day old rice. Use a spatula to break up the rice. Then season with light soy sauce and a few drops of sesame oil. Toss and and warm the fried rice. (if you have old fried rice add that in there too) Taste and adjust soy sauce.
- Reduce heat, add scrambled eggs and sausage back to the pan. Season with Tony's no salt seasoning and black pepper. Top with green onions.
- Serve warm with sriracha.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi