Chopped cheese sliders. A game day twist to a New York classic. This recipe is perfect for hosting. They are absolutely delicious and come together very easily.
These sliders feature, melt in your mouth slider buns, flavorful cheesy ground beef that’s cooked up with a heap of grilled onions and a blend of delicious seasonings. Easy to make and irresistibly good, that’s sure to be a hit!
Melt in your mouth slider buns filled with cheesy ground beef infused with grilled onions and medley of seasonings. It’s topped with garlic butter and baked in the oven until the cheese is melty and delicious.
For my son’s 3rd birthday this year, we threw together some light bites and these chopped cheese sliders were a crowd favorite. They literally did not last 5 minutes. They were that good. And with the start of football season they are the perfect snack to bring for the festivities.
What you’ll need for Chopped Cheese Sliders
here are the ingredients for these chopped cheese sliders:
- 80/20 Ground Chuck
- Slider Buns
- American Cheese
- White onion
- Goya Adobo
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
For the burger sauce
- Smoked Paprika
- Galic Powder
here’s some topping ideas that you can customize these chopped cheese sliders:
- crispy fried onions
- sesame seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning
Tips/Alternatives For Making the Best Chopped Cheese Sliders
- swap out ground beef for ground turkey, if desired.
- Season your slider buns. For this recipe, I added garlic butter and sesame seeds. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings to the buns.
- Add garlic butter or sesame seeds to the sliders before making to give it that ultimate burger/slider feel.
- Add your favorite toppings.
More delicious recipes to try
If you try these Chopped Cheese Sliders, please be sure to leave a comment, and or tag me on Instagram @cookwithci. I would love to see your recreations and hear your thoughts.
Simple Chopped Cheese Sliders
- 1 lb 80/20 Ground Chuck
- Hawaiian Sweet Slider Buns
- 5-7 slices American Cheese
- 1/2 White onion diced
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp Sazon use to your discretion
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Goya Adobo optional
- 1/2 tsp Chicken bouillon
- Salt+ pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2-3 ketchup
- 2 tsp dill relish
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and butter and melt down. Add in diced onions and caramelize/grill the onions down. Add water if needed to speed up the process.
- Next, add in ground beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and season with yellow mustard, chicken bouillon Sazon, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Add 2 slices of cheese to the meat, and toss the meat and cheese together.
- In a bowl, add butter garlic paste and parsley. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Mix everything until well combined and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, smoked paprika, garlic powder and mix until well combined.
- Cut slider buns in half and heat up butter on a griddle and place the buns on the griddle face down. Once the buns are golden spread special sauce, meat, and a layer of American cheese.
- Add more sauce if desired and add the top buns. Brush melted butter
- Bake until the buns are golden and the cheese is melted about 20-25 minutes. Cut sliders into individual pieces. Serve immediately.
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi