It’s Thirsty Thursday! For the people who aren’t ready to let go of summer, this one’s for you. Pomegranate Margarita. The color gives fall vibes. But the flavor screams summer. So it’s a win-win. The perfect late summer cocktail. Buttt if you know me.. you know I’m sipping a margarita no matter the season.
This was my first time experimenting with Pomegranate in a cocktail and I’m not mad at it. Not going to lie Pomegranate always intimidated me. I always felt like it was a lot of work lol. But when I saw Trader Joe’s had pomegranate seeds, I jumped on it. I instantly knew I wanted to make a cocktail with it and garnish with the pretty seeds. Sooo here we are.
Pomegranate Margarita. It’s sweet. It’s tart. Citrusy and good! Have it on the rocks or blended. The perfect end of summer cocktail.
What you’ll need
Pomegranate– I used both Pomegranate juice and the seeds. It gives a nice sweetness/tartiness to the cocktail. The seeds also make a great garnish.
Tequila- I used Tequila Blanco. But feel free to use Reposado.
Lime Juice- By now you should know, if its not fresh I don’t want it. Lime juice of course to make this margarita even more delicious
Orange peel twist- Not necessary, but the orange peel adds a nice citrus note to the cocktail. It compliments to Cointreau very nicely.
Orange Liqueur- I used Cointreau; the orange citrus pairs nicely with the pomegranate. It also adds some sweetness to the cocktail.
How to make
- Salt or sugar your rim.
- Add ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Top it and shake the together. Strain into your glass.
- Garnish with a orange peel and pomegranate arils (seeds) and enjoy.
Easy peasy. Look at you, a whole #athome bartender.
- 1.5 oz Tequila Blanco
- .5 oz Cointreau
- 2 oz POM Pomegranate Juice
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- Orange peel twist for garnish
- sugar to sugar rim
- Add Tequila, Cointreau, pomegranate juice, lime juice, ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake well for a few minutes. Strain into a glass
- Use lime to rim the glass. Then sugar the rim. Top with orange peel twist.
- Add in ice optional and enjoy!
Did you make it?
Tag @cookwithci on Instagram and hashtag #CookwithCi